12.19.2009

BEACH DAZE

Wow! We found New Chums beach, and what an adventure, seriously, to get there! Caroline (fellow American) and I hitched a ride "over the hill" from Coromandel Town to the East side, We arrived at this beach:



But this was just the beginning!
We hiked down the beach, THROUGH THE WATER, with our shoes in our bags, which were on our heads, and then over a field of stones:




Then we found a little path, through the BUSH- pushing back leaves and ferns, following a narrow path, over roots and trees... until...




...this beach was only accessible through this hike! And this photo does no justice! Around the corner was an enormous cliff and rocks... and the water was crystal clear- I was up to my neck and could see my toes!!!!!!!



(By the way, we decided that we are now a band called "Bikini Tramp" since we tramped literally through the bush in our bikinis...)

Another Day in Paradise!!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I would have ditched my bikini & been nude. Yay!

    ReplyDelete